The Trommel Screen is a widely used machine in sorting technology. It controls the sorting of garbage by the size of the particles, and the sorting accuracy is high. The barrel of the trommel screen is generally divided into several sections, depending on the specific situation, the sieve holes are arranged from small to large, and the sieve holes on each section have the same aperture.
Scope of application of Trommel Screen
- 1. In the stone quarry, it is used for grading large and small stones and separating soil and stone powder.
- 2. It is used for sand and gravel separation in sand and gravel fields.
- 3. The coal industry is used for the separation of lump coal and pulverized coal and for coal washing (a component of coal washing machinery).
- 4. The chemical industry and mineral processing industry are used for the classification of large and small blocks and the separation of powdery substances.
Trommel Screen Structure
The trommel screen is mainly composed of a motor, a reducer, a trommel device, a frame, a sealing cover, and an inlet and outlet.
The trommel screen is a widely used machine in sorting technology. It controls the sorting of garbage by the size of the particles, and the sorting accuracy is high. The barrel of the trommel screen is generally divided into several sections, depending on the specific situation, the sieve holes are arranged from small to large, and the sieve holes on each section have the same aperture.
The working principle of trommel screen
The roller device is installed obliquely on the frame. The motor is connected with the roller device through the reducer through the coupling, and the roller device is driven to rotate around its axis. After the material enters the drum device, due to the inclination and rotation of the drum device, the material on the screen surface is turned over and rolled, so that the qualified material (under sieve product) is discharged through the discharge port at the bottom of the rear end of the drum, and the unqualified material (screened product) is discharged. The upper product) is discharged through the discharge port at the end of the drum. Due to the overturning and rolling of the material in the drum, the material stuck in the screen hole can be ejected to prevent the screen hole from being blocked. The principle and structure of the trommel sand screening machine, the trommel screening machine and the trommel screen are almost the same, and there are differences in people's understanding and name of it.
Trommel Screen Features
- 1. The sieve hole is not easy to be blocked.
- 2. Smooth operation and low noise.
- 3. Simple structure and convenient maintenance.
- 4. The screening drum can be closed, and it is easy to seal and collect dust.
- 5. The whole machine has high reliability and less one-time investment.
- 6. Adopt special screen, high screening efficiency and long service life.
Improve the screening efficiency of the trommel screen
- In order to improve the sorting accuracy, in order to avoid the situation that the small particle materials are screened out in the large aperture screen section, the garbage must be fully turned over in the trommel screen, and the garbage moving speed should not be too fast. Usually, a flexible plate is installed on the inner wall of the drum. Its function is to lift the garbage particles, so that garbage particles of different particle sizes have the opportunity to contact the screen holes as much as possible. If they meet the requirements of the aperture, the particles can pass through the screen and reach the drum screen. purpose of sorting.
- In order to improve the screening efficiency, the moving speed of the garbage in the trommel screen should not be too fast, otherwise the screening will be insufficient and incomplete. Therefore, the trommel screen generally has a relatively strict installation inclination angle, which is usually 5°. , of course, it can be adjusted according to the actual situation.
- The drum section is connected with the trommel screen turntable through nuts and screws, so the installation and disassembly of the drum section is relatively convenient. Since the drum segment is connected with the turntable, when the turntable rotates under the driving of the driving device, the drum segment also rotates along with it.
- The drum is divided into three sections, each section is 80cm long, 60cm in diameter, and the apertures are 13mm, 50mm, and 200mm respectively. Among them, the components of the first section of the sieve mainly include fine particles of coal ash, soil, etc., as well as fine metal particles; the components of the second section of the sieve mainly include small bricks, stones, some plastics, paper, etc.; The sieving components of the segment include paper, plastic, bamboo, rubber, etc. The use of trommel screen creates very favorable conditions for subsequent air selection.
- Each drum of the trommel screen is fixed on the turntable with nuts and screws, which brings great convenience to the disassembly of the drum. It has certain advantages for the drum of the trommel screen to be connected in this form. If the drum is in a monolithic form rather than a segmented form, processing will be difficult. Because the whole drum is divided into three sections, with a total length of 2.4m, if a hole is punched in a whole piece of steel plate, the weight of the steel plate is very heavy, and it is also very difficult to roll the plate, and it is even more inconvenient to install; and if the three sections are processed separately, then The weight is much lighter, it is easier to install on the coil plate, and a more suitable aperture can be selected according to the actual particle size of the garbage, which helps to improve the screening efficiency.